1 red chilli seeded, thinly sliced (or 1tsp minced chilli)
1 small lebanese cucumber deseeded and thinly sliced
2tbsp lime juice
400g lean fillet steak very thinly sliced
1tbsp fish sauce
1tbsp chinese rice wine (called Shaohsing) or dry sherry
2tsp brown sugar
1tbsp garlic infused oil
2/3 cup fresh mint leaves
8 large soft lettuce leaves (e.g. butter lettuce)
sweet chilli sauce to serve
Time to prep & cook
- 1 Place noodles in a heatproof bowl. Pour enough boiling water to cover the noodles and leave for approximately 1 minute or until soft. Drain thoroughly.
- 2 Place noodles back in the bowl and add chilli, cucumber and lime juice. Toss to combine.
- 3 In a separate bowl, add beef, fish sauce, rice wine and sugar. Toss well to combine.
- 4 Heat half the oil in a wok or large pan over high heat. Add half the beef and stir-fry for 30 seconds to sear. Remove and repeat with remaining beef. Set aside, cover to keep warm.
- 5 Lay out lettuce leaves on a large platter or board. Divide the noodle mixture, beef and mint between the lettuce leaves and roll loosely.
- 6 Serve with sweet chilli sauce for dipping
Use smaller lettuce leaves for wrapping and secure each parcel with a toothpick.
Shred lettuce instead of using them as wraps. Toss shredded lettuce with beef mixture and serve as a light dinner or lunch