Cocoa Avocado Mousse
Who said chocolate mousse in unhealthy?! Make the most of bananas and avocados in season by trying this simple, yet healthy and delicious dessert. Cream is often used in mousse recipes so I have swapped it for avocado. Avocado is rich in monounsaturated fats, essential for a healthy heart and glowing skin. The fresh dates and banana are both natural, low GI sugars (carbohydrates) and cacao gives you a chocolatey flavour as well as a good dose of antioxidants!
- 2 medjool dates
- 1 small ripe avocado
- 1 small banana
- 1 heaped Tablespoon of cacao powder
- Blend dates in a food processor or blender to form a paste.
- Peel the avocado, remove the stone. Add to blender. Peel and chop the banana and add to the dates. Blend.
- Add the cacao and give it a final blend. Taste and if you prefer a sweeter mousse add another date or piece of banana. For a chocolatey mousse add a little more cacao.
Serves 2 (or 4 small)
- Free radicals
- meal plan
- new year
- positive language
- The Cultured Nutritionist
- vision board
Age Younger News
Sorry, no posts matched your criteria.