Time to prep & cook
follow link 12
- 1 Preheat oven to 180C and grease a 12-cup muffin tin. Sift together flour, oats, bicarbonate of soda and cinnamon in a bowl.
- 2 In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, banana, honey and oil. Create a well in the centre of dry ingredients and pour in banana mixture. Combine well.
- 3 Stir in carrots, prunes and walnuts. Add a tsp of hot water if the mixture becomes too dry.
- 4 Spoon batter into muffin tin and bake for 10-15 minutes (or until cooked).
Low saturated fat
High soluble fibre
Experiment with other types of fruit and nuts e.g.,
- Swap mashed banana for ½ cup apple puree
- Swap walnuts for LSA (ground linseeds, sunflower seeds and almonds), pecans or almonds
Swap prunes for blueberries and honey for pure maple syrup